How to Cancel Tickets Purchased at Counters via IRCTC Website (Online)
ट्रैन टिकट कॅन्सल करने का तरीका | काउंटर से खरीदे रेल टिकट को ऐसे करें कहीं से भी कैंसिल
IRCTC allows you to cancel tickets purchased at counters online; however, a cancellation fee applies depending on the time of ticket cancellation.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has made it possible to cancel tickets purchased at counters online. Those of you who book your tickets online, either through the IRCTC website or its app, are probably familiar with the process of cancelling tickets online; however, you can now cancel tickets booked at counters online as well. However, depending on the time of ticket cancellation, a cancellation fee may apply. Previously, passengers had to return tickets purchased at counters to the counters in order to cancel them.
Here is a step-by-step guide to cancelling tickets purchased at counters online via the IRCTC website.
1. Go to the IRCTC website and, under the Trains section, select Cancel ticket and Counter ticket.
2. Enter the PNR number, train number, and the page’s Captcha. Check the box next to ‘I have read the cancellation/boarding point change procedure and its rules,’ then click submit.
3. After you click submit, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number you provided during the booking process.
4. To validate the cancellation request, enter the OTP.
5. After the OTP has been validated, the PNR details will be displayed on the screen. Verify all of the information, then click ‘Cancel Ticket’ to cancel the reservation completely. The total amount owed will then be displayed on the screen.
6. You will receive an SMS containing the PNR number and refund information on your registered mobile phone.
IRCTC counter ticket cancellation rules are being expanded.
1. It is only applicable if a valid mobile number is provided at the time of booking.
2. Cancellation of tickets and refund of fare may be permitted for PRS counter tickets only in normal circumstances, not in cases of late running or cancellation of trains, etc.
3. If the ticket is fully confirmed, online cancellation will be permitted only up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
4. If the ticket is RAC/Waitlist, online cancellation is permitted only up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
Hope you like it.
Enjoy your Query to the fullest and make that day a memorable day which you will never forget in your whole life. Thanks for reading the above article, hope you enjoyed it. If you did not like our article or for any query please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or you can contact us through email you can find the email address in the contact us page.
Please do share and give your reviews about this article through comment in the comment section below. Thanks!
Also check out here for more query Articles